Skip to content


Deposit Accounts

What do I need to open an account at Tri City National Bank?

  • Valid picture identification
  • Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • Opening deposit (amount varies based on type of account) 

What is a valid form of picture identification?

  • Valid (not expired) Wisconsin Picture Drivers License or Identification Card
  • United States Passport
  • Government, Military ID
  • Resident Alien Card
  • For customers new to Wisconsin, a valid picture Drivers License from another state 

What is ChexSystems?

ChexSystems is a nationwide reporting and collection agency. The agency is used by most financial institutions to collect and track individuals who owe money to banks and who have mishandled their bank accounts. 

Can I go to any Tri City Bank, or only the one where I opened my account?

You may conduct your banking business at any of our convenient locations

How can I access my account information?

You may access your account information, find out about transactions that have cleared and much more 24 hours a day, seven days a week via Online Banking or Telephone Banking. 

Sign up for Online Banking here.

To access Telephone Banking, call (414) T-R-I-C-I-T-Y (874-2489) or 888-874-2489.  You must be enrolled and choose a PIN to be able to access Telephone Banking. To enroll, stop in to any of our convenient locations

What type of information can I access through Telephone Banking?

If you have enrolled in Telephone Banking and chosen a PIN, you may access deposit and loan account balances, find out what transactions have posted to your account and find out interest information on deposit and loan accounts. 

Also, you may transfer funds between your accounts if you have a signed Balance Transfer Agreement on file. To complete a Balance Transfer Agreement, call Telephone Banking and please press “0” to speak to a Customer Service Representative or stop in to any of our convenient locations

Security Best Practices: To keep your telephone banking information secure it is highly recommended that you do not write down or disclose your PIN #.

When are Customer Service Representatives available through Telephone Banking?

You may press “0” to speak to a Telephone Banking Customer Service Representative during the following days and times:

Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 2 pm

Does Tri City National Bank have a deposit "cutoff time"?

No. All deposits made during regular banking hours within any of our branches will be credited on the day of deposit. Deposits made on Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays will be credited on the next business day. 

What is Tri City National Bank's Funds Availability Policy?

Our policy is to make funds from your deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.  Funds from electronic direct deposits into your account will be available on the day we receive your deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written.  

For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before closing on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit.  However, if you make a deposit after closing or on a non-business day, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.

In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit.  If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit.  We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one or our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit.

Please remember that even after we have made funds available to you, and you have withdrawn the funds, you are still responsible for checks you deposit that are returned to us unpaid.

Why should I use direct deposit?

Electronically depositing your check into your Tri City account is a faster and more secure method of receiving funds. No more worrying about having your check delayed or lost/stolen in the mail. The money is posted to your account the day we receive your deposit.

What is my routing number?

Our routing number is 075001199. It also referred to as an ABA, transit or banking number.

For personal checks, your account number is the second set of numbers.

The third set is your check number. This should match the check number in the right-top corner of your check. 

You will need the routing and account numbers for direct deposit, wire transfers and other electronic transactions. 

What is Automatic Transfer?

Automatic Transfer is a free service we provide that allows you to transfer money between two Tri City accounts on a recurring basis.  When you sign up for Automatic Transfer, you choose the account that you want to take money from, the account that you want to receive the money, the amount you would like to continually transfer and what day or days you would like the transfer to occur.  For example, you could sign up to transfer $50 from your checking account to your savings account on the 15th of every month.  Then you sit back and watch your savings account grow while we automatically take care of transferring $50 every month from checking into savings. 

To sign up for Automatic Transfer, stop in to any of our convenient locations to get started.

What is Overdraft Protection?

Overdraft Protection is a service we provide where we link your checking account to your savings account. If your checking account becomes overdrawn and your savings account has sufficient available funds, the amount of the overdraft will automatically be transferred from your savings into your checking account to cover it. There is a $10 fee per transfer. To sign up for Overdraft Protection, stop in to any of our convenient locations to complete an application.

Where can I mail my deposit or loan payment?

Tri City National Bank
PO Box 44017
West Allis, WI 53214-3147

OR any of our convenient locations

How will I be notified that my Certificate of Deposit (CD) or IRA CD will be maturing?

Approximately 30 days before the maturity date, you will be mailed a maturity notice. It will show your maturity date, your interest rate, balance and interest payment at maturity. 

If you would like to renew the CD or IRA CD, it will automatically do so with the same term and current interest rates 10 days after the maturity date. At this time, you will be sent a renewal notice along with a new disclosure statement.

How does my interest accrue?

Tri City National Bank uses the daily balance method to calculate Interest. This method applies a daily periodic rate (current interest rate / 365 days) to the current balance in the account each day. 

Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day that we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items.

What does APY mean?

APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield. This is the amount of interest you would earn in one year if the interest is compounded. The accrued interest must be left in the account to achieve the stated APY. 

Interest may be posted (credited) monthly, quarterly or annually depending on the type of account. Please request a Truth in Savings Disclosure for interest posting methods on a specific type of account. 

Online Banking

What types of accounts can I see on Online Banking?

You are able to see all your deposit accounts (checking, savings, money market and CDs) and loans. 

How far back can I go to view account activity through Online Banking?

You can see your account activity and images of your checks up to 60 days prior to the current date.  If you have signed up for Online Statements, you can access up to seven years’ worth of past statements from the current statement period.

How do I sign up for Online Statements?

After logging in to Online Banking, click on “Documents”. You will be able to access and print up to seven years’ worth of past statements from the current statement period. Images are not available as part of Online Statements.

I have a joint checking account with my spouse. Do we both need to enroll separately or can we share Online Banking?

Your User ID is your personal link to Online Banking. Each person should have their own individual User ID and password even if they are both signers on the same accounts.

My account shows two different balances. What do these balances mean?

The Available Balance is your balance shown in real time. Your Available Balance may change throughout the day as certain pending transactions such as ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases are conducted on your account. These pending transactions may not be immediately listed in your related Account Activity. When pending and other transactions such as checks clear your account, they will be reflected in your Current Balance. In addition to impacting your Current Balance, these transactions will appear in your related Account Activity.

What do I need to do to be able to transfer between accounts via Online Banking?

To be able to transfer funds between any of your Tri City National Bank Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts, the accounts must meet certain titling requirements and you must have a signed Balance Transfer Agreement on file. For more information or to complete a Balance Transfer Agreement, please speak with a Customer Service Representative at any of our locations.

When will transfers I conduct through Online Banking take place?

If you initiate transfers between your Tri City National Bank Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts before 8:00 PM CST, the transfer will take place on the same business day. If you initiate the transfer after 8:00 PM CST, the transfer will take place on the next business day. Select the External Transfer tab for information on transferring funds from your Tri City account to an account you own at another financial institution. 

What type of Stop Payments can I conduct through Online Banking?

You are able to process Stop Payments on checks that have not already posted to your account.  You are not able to process a Stop Payment on a preauthorized electronic debit via Online Banking because the debit does not have a check number (required).  Please contact a Customer Service Representative at one of our branches or through Telephone Banking for more information or to complete the necessary paperwork to revoke preauthorized electronic debit. A $35.00 fee will apply to each stop payment request.

When I tried to sign on to Online Banking I received the message "Your logon has failed repeatedly (3 times) Please try again later or contact customer support." What happened?

You have entered either your Online Banking User ID or Password incorrectly.  For security reasons, Online Banking locks a user out after 3 failed attempts to log in.  Your password is case sensitive, so verify that your Caps Lock button is not turned on.

For additional Online Banking assistance, please utilize the "Forgot your password" function or contact Customer Support at 888-874-2489, or 877-329-2574 after business hours.

Bill Pay

What if I don't sign up for Bill Payment initially and decide later that I want to sign up?

You may sign up for Bill Payment at any time.

What is the dollar limit on payments?

The limit is $5,000.00 in total payments per day. 

How many payees can I have?

There is no limit to the number of payees you can have.

Are there any bills I can't pay using Online Bill Payment?

Currently, you cannot make payments to government agencies for items such as property taxes and alimony. Any other bills can be paid by adding the biller as a Payee in the "Pay someone new" tab.

Payees may be individuals and small businesses and do not need to able to accept electronic payments.  If a payee is unable to process electronic payments, a check will be mailed to the payee instead. 

How far in advance can I schedule payments?

You can schedule payments up to 1 year in advance. 

Can I schedule recurring payments?

Yes. Choose “autopay” under the payee’s information on the Pay One or Pay Many page.

Consumer Loan

Where can I mail my payment?

You can mail your loan payment to:

Tri City National Bank
10909 West Greenfield Avenue Suite 100
West Allis, WI 53214

What do I need to apply for a loan?

  • Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Current Address
  • Previous Address (if under 2 years)
  • Current Phone
  • Purpose of loan
  • Current employer's name, address and telephone
  • Previous employer's information (if employed under 2 years)
  • Co-applicant information
  • Information on the collateral being used to secure the loan

Depending on the type of loan you are applying for, more information may be required. 

Who do I call to find out the payment due or balance owed on my loan account?

You can contact any branch location, call (888) T-R-I-C-I-T-Y (414-874-2489) or use TriLine Online Banking. 

I've paid off my loan, when does my secured collateral get released?

Depending on the type of collateral, Tri City National Bank allows sufficient time for the final payment to process and then begins the release process. Contact your loan officer for an estimated time frame. 

Can I make my loan payments directly from an account I have at Tri City National Bank?

Absolutely, simply Locate Us or Contact Us to obtain an authorization form. Payments can be debited from any checking account.

Can I pay more than my regular payment?

Yes, simply inform the teller or note how you want the extra funds applied (principal, escrow, etc.) Tri City National Bank does not generally charge prepayment fees on its consumer term loans and personal reserve accounts. Tri City does, however, charge an early termination/closure fee on its Home Equity Lines of Credit if they are closed within the first three years. Please review your loan agreement for specific terms or contact your lender if you have any questions. 

My loan is for 60 months, but I only received 36 coupons, why?

Tri City National Bank issues up to 36 coupons at a time. You will receive an additional coupon book prior to using the last coupon in your existing book.

What is right of rescission for a mortgage loan or home equity line of credit (HELOC)?

Most mortgage loans or home equity lines of credit secured by a primary residence you already own, such as a refinance or addition of a 2nd mortgage, have rescission. Right of rescission was designed to help protect consumers by giving them a way to rescind (cancel or back out of) a loan transaction that could result in the loss of their home.

Reverse Mortgage

Can I qualify for FHA’s HECM reverse mortgage?

To be eligible for an FHA HECM, the FHA requires that:

  • You be a homeowner 62 years of age or older
  • You own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse loan
  • You live in the home
  • You receive consumer information from an approved HECM counselor prior to obtaining the loan
  • You can contact the Housing Counseling Clearinghouse at 800-569-4287 for the name and telephone number of a HUD-approved counseling agency and a list of FHA-approved lenders within your area 

Can I apply if I didn’t buy my present house with FHA mortgage insurance?

Yes. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t buy it with an FHA-insured mortgage. Your new FHA HECM will be FHA-insured. 

What types of homes are eligible?

To be eligible for the FHA HECM, your home must be a single-family home or a 1-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible. 

What’s the difference between a reverse mortgage and a bank home equity loan?

With a traditional second mortgage, or a home equity line of credit, you must have sufficient income to qualify for the loan, and you are required to make monthly mortgage payments. The reverse mortgage is different in that it pays you and is available regardless of your current income. The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home or FHA’s mortgage limits for your area, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you can borrow. You don’t make payments, because the loan is not due as long as the house is your principal residence. Like all homeowners, you still are required to pay your real estate taxes, insurance and other conventional payments like utilities. With an FHA HECM you cannot be foreclosed or forced to vacate your house because you “missed your mortgage payment.” 

Can the lender take my home away if I outlive the loan?

No. You do not need to repay the loan as long as you or one of the borrowers continues to live in the house and keeps the taxes and insurance current. You never owe more than the value of your home at the time you or your heirs sell the home.

Will I still have an estate that I can leave to my heirs?

When you sell your home, you or your estate will repay the cash you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other fees, to the lender. The remaining equity in your home, if any, belongs to you or to your heirs.

How much money can I get from my home?

The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home or FHA’s mortgage limits for your area, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you can borrow. You can use an online calculator like the one on the AARP website to get an idea of what you may be able to borrow.

Try our Reverse Mortgage Calculator to see how you can benefit from a reverse mortgage. 

Should I use an estate planning service to find a reverse mortgage?

FHA does NOT recommend using any service that charges a fee for referring a borrower to an FHA lender. FHA provides this information free, and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies are available for free or at very low cost, to provide information, counseling, and a free referral to a list of FHA-approved lenders. Search online or call 800-569-4287 toll-free, for the name and location of a HUD-approved housing counseling agency near you. 

How do I receive my payments?

You have five options: 

  • Tenure – equal monthly payments as long as at least one borrower lives and continues to occupy the property as a principal residence.
  • Term – equal monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected.
  • Line of Credit – unscheduled payments or installments, at times and in amounts of your choosing until the line of credit is exhausted.
  • Modified Tenure – combination of line of credit with monthly payments for as long as you remain in the home.
  • Modified Term – combination of line of credit plus monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected by the borrower.

Debit Card

How long does it take to receive my Debit Card after I apply?

Generally, you will receive your Debit Card within two weeks after your application has been processed. 

How much money can I get when using my PIN (ATM or POS)?1

ATM: $   500 per 24-hour period (12:00 AM – 12:00 AM)

POS:  $1,250 per 24-hour period (12:00 AM – 12:00 AM)

You are also limited to 10-PIN based transactions per 24-hour period

How much money can I get when using my signature (POS)?1

$3,500 per 24-hour period (12:00 AM - 12:00 AM) 

1In the event of communication failure your transaction limits are reduced until communication is reestablished.

How are Debit Card purchases debited from my account?

At the time of purchase, the amount will immediately be deducted from your checking account available balance.

What do I do if my Debit Card or ATM Card is lost or stolen?

If you believe your ATM or Debit Card or PIN number has been lost or stolen, immediately call:

(888) 874-2489, or (800) 236-2442 after business hours.

The number is available at all times — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on holidays.

Safe Deposit Boxes

Who is authorized to remove my Safe Deposit Box contents in the event of my death?

If the box is jointly leased, the surviving Lessees continue to have access to the box without any restrictions. Upon the death of the sole or last surviving Lessee, access to the box will be permitted for a Will Search by a Court appointed representative. In doing a Will Search, only the Will can be recovered. The Will is then sent to Probate Court by the Bank. The Court appoints a Personal Representative for the estate who will then have access to the box. This is the final access allowed to the box. The box items are inventoried by the Personal Representative and the lease is terminated.

Is a hand-written note or a general Power of Attorney acceptable for someone to have access to my box?

No, because the Bank has no way of knowing if these documents are authentic or current. A Power of Attorney document may grant access to your box, however, the Bank must be satisfied that the Power of Attorney is valid and may, in its sole discretion refuse to honor any Power of Attorney.

Can I appoint an agent to have access to my box if I become sick, disabled or take a long vacation?

Yes, you and the agent must come to the Bank to complete the required form. The agent will have authority to do all acts that could be done by you. The Bank takes no responsibility for the agent’s actions. This appointment is terminated upon written notice from you or upon formal notice that you have passed away, such as a copy of the death certificate. 

Does the Bank insure my box contents?

No, since you have the only two keys to open the safe deposit box, you are the only individual having knowledge of its contents therefore the Bank cannot insure its contents. To obtain insurance for your valuables, consult your insurance agent for advice.

Gift Cards

Is a gift card the same as a credit card?

No, it's a card that has been loaded with a predetermined dollar amount. Each time you make a purchase with the card, the amount of your purchase is deducted from the balance on the card. Just like a credit card, you can use it at millions of locations worldwide where Visa® debit cards are accepted.

How do I use the card to make a purchase?

The card is used to make purchases in the same manner as a credit card. You will need to select Credit at the point of sale. If the amount of the purchase is more than the balance left on the card – you should notify the cashier that you are going to make a split payment. (Depending on the merchant – they may have to run two separate transactions.)

Can I use my gift card at an ATM?

Yes, your card can be used for ATM withdrawals. Visit the giftcard website or call (800) 830-3166 to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN).

Can I use my card at a gas station?

Yes, you can use the card at a gas station; however, you will need to pay for your purchase inside the gas station. Pay at the pump is not available with the gift card.

What other types of transactions are restricted with the gift card?

You may not use the card for hotels, rental cars and online gambling.

Can I make online purchases with my gift card?

Yes, you can use it at online merchants that accept Visa® debit cards.

How do I activate my card?

To activate your card, please call 1-800-830-3166 or visit the gift card website.

Can the gift card be reloaded with additional money?

No, additional money cannot be added to your card.

How do I check the balance remaining on my card?

To view remaining balance, visit the gift card website or call 1-800-830-3166

What do I do if my card is lost or stolen or does not work?

Call 800-830-3166 for assistance. You will need to know your card number.